Show Me Your Neighborhood - Printers Row Tour
Other tour guide organizations offer Show Me Your Neighborhood programs where guides take other members on walking tours highlighting what makes their areas special. The Chicago Tour-Guide Professionals Association (CTPA) periodically offered these programs before 2020, and we would like to make it a regular occurrence in 2023!
Join Mike McMains, owner of Tours With Mike and your CTPA President, as he guides you through Printers Row, an area that has had many lives: a prolific vice district, a bustling publishing center, a zone of urban decay, and a revitalized residential neighborhood. Throughout all these incarnations, it has always been one-of-a-kind. Despite being next to Chicago's Loop, many people do not know much about this landmark neighborhood filled with unique features, beautiful lofts, and wonderful stories. This 60-minute walking tour is a great opportunity to discover what makes Printers Row so special. You can also experience this tour right before heading over to the CTPA Quarterly Meeting starting at 5:00 pm just a few blocks away.
For CTPA Show Me Your Neighborhood tours:
- The cost is $5 per ticket with all of the proceeds going to the guide,
- CTPA members can register non-CTPA guests to join them on the tour,
- The waitlist is automatically activated if the tour reaches its 20-person limit,
- Registrants can get their tickets fully refunded if they cancel their own registrations on the CTPA calendar page with 48 hours notice, and
- CTPA members can email CTPAofficers@googlegroups.com if they would like to host their own Show Me Your Neighborhood tour.
We hope you can join this Printers Row tour and that there are many other Show Me Your Neighborhood experiences throughout the year!